Sinners & Saints
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Forum for the YouTube roleplay Sinners & Saints.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fool's Bravery

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Calcifer

Calcifer

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 9:38 am

Calcifer walked down the stairs to the crypt with uneasy, though he forced his face to remain calm, not showing how sick he felt inside.
"Alastair," he said, his voice deep with respect as he bowed his head a little at the sight of the demon. He was of a higher rank than himself, and it was in its place that Calcifer showed him respect. Sadly, not many remembered their courtesies anymore in this place.
He waited to see what mood he was in before he asked for a weapon. In a particularly foul mood a question like that could cost him dearly, and he had always been one to tread carefully, specially in the presence of demons like Alastair. He would have to to prevent serious amounts of pain.
Back to top Go down
Alastair
Admin
Alastair

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:02 am

He had been trying to organise what was left of his work place, which sadly had been completely ruined in the process by Lillith and whatever she had decided to get up to in here. Annoyingly there was little he could do to protest, but he was silently fuming as he tried to put back the pieces.
Snapping his head up he frowned at Calcifer, although his respect meant he had little he could shout about. Instead he glared at him slightly, but sighing cut straight to the point. 'Well... well.. what brings a crossroads demon to a weaponry?' he said, mockingly. He knew Calcifer was certainly weak and cowardly, and aside from kissing humans seemed to have limited contact possible with them.
Back to top Go down
Calcifer

Calcifer

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:07 am

He looked down, unable to deny the fear of looking him in the eyes, but his manner seemed calm enough.
"If it pleases you, I came to ask permission for a weapon," he said, his words carefully thought about before uttered. He wanted in no way to sound rude, and could only hope that being polite and respectful was enough for Alastair not to turn his weapons against him. He had not asked for much considering the weapons were made for them all. Alastair could not possibly need them all to himself.
Back to top Go down
Alastair
Admin
Alastair

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:16 am

He had to admit, silently, that he appreciated the gesture. If only more could get it in their heads that this was how he should be spoken to then they would not have any problem with him. Of course he could not deny what he had right now was certainly more fun.
Still watching Calcifer curiously he tried not to laugh. 'You cannot seriously expect me to believe a demon of... well, your calibre.. to decide now is the time to fight for our side?' Scrutinising his actions he could tell he was afraid, and he grinned, glad to know his work had left an impression. 'Tell me, what do you want it for?'
Back to top Go down
Calcifer

Calcifer

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:21 am

"A girl, sir," he said, his head still slightly bowed. "She seems to have cause quite a nuisance, and it would please us all to see her leave us. I shall however first offer a trade for her soul, as she is quite stronger than other weakling humans. No doubt she would be quite amusing under your grasp, if I may," he asked. It was his entire plan, he only left out Rin due to his knowledge of their oft arguments. Mentioning his name would not get Calcifer far in his mission to obtain a weapon, yet there was nothing else he wanted to hide from Alastair.
Back to top Go down
Alastair
Admin
Alastair

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 10:47 am

The courtesy was started to irritate him, and he quickly listened to his plan as he assessed the worth of his claim.
'Ah yes, fresh souls' he smiled, hearing something that pleased him. 'So can I expect much new flesh to toy with from you when I return?' he asked. 'You should know how much I miss that' he said, toying with the demon's fear.
In all honesty humans and demons were never so much fun on Earth than in the Pit. The laws of nature and so on dramatically ruined his own fun. He could not wait therefore to return, and Calcifers kind were the likes who would make that experience all the more pleasurable as long as they continued to do their job.
'This girl..' he said. 'Make sure you serve your purpose and I'm sure we'll take care of her appropriately.'
He flitted through his weapons. 'You do know how to use these don't you?' he mocked, laughing as he continued to search. He would not give a mere crossroads demon anything fancy or worth any pride, but he was certain that there was something of some use.
'However,' he warned, looking up with a weapon in hand pointed his way threateningly. 'I don't take failure well. I expect your soul count to remain high enough to prove your worth here.'
Back to top Go down
Calcifer

Calcifer

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:14 pm

His entire existence as a demon he had been avoiding the use of weapons, but though he was rather clumsy with the ways of the blade, he did not speak of it. The blade was not meant for him in any case, so his lack of skills were nothing but a mere footnote in the plan.
"A fresh soul was taken mere hours ago, sir. A weak, yet stubborn girl, I assure you she will be most entertaining," he told him as he finally dared looking at him. It seemed he was getting his weapon by the way Alastair moved and spoke, and so his fear had subdued if only a little.
Calcifer did not particularly care for what weapon Rin got his hands on, it was none of his concern. All he had promised was a weapon, and anything here seemed to fit that description well. Anything Alastair chose for him would fit well, even if he knew he was not to get one of his priced weapons.
Back to top Go down
Alastair
Admin
Alastair

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptySun Jun 03, 2012 11:58 pm

'Well done then' he said, although there was not much emphasis in his voice, and he turned back to pick up a long knife. He would not entrust him with anything more, and yet he wanted to see how the weakling would be able to carry a blade of such length, knowing it would most likely be amusing.
'Make sure to report back when you are successful' he said. 'You can keep that until you are, and so be it you require it for any longer for future souls. As long as you do your job.' By now he saw no need to continue the conversation, and by all means a knife would not be such a loss.
Walking over to him, until he was far closer than it was evident Calcifer would be comfortable with, he handed him the knife. 'Good luck' he smirked.
Back to top Go down
Calcifer

Calcifer

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:04 am

His close presence made Calcifer's blood run cold as he took the knife from him, but his words warmed. A compliment, however heartfelt, was rare from Alastair, and he could not say that he was not honored. He still swallowed hard at how close he was, and took a step back to bow.
"You shan't be disappointed," he promised, but was scared this did not rely on him, but on Rin, who could seldom be trusted. Without looking at him for any longer than he had to, he took backwards steps towards the stairs, knowing well enough never to turn his back on Alastair.
Back to top Go down
Alastair
Admin
Alastair

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:09 am

He dismissed him with his hand, turning back as if rapidly uninterested. The demon was young and respectful, but equally dull. His fear was an obvious amusement, but with little to justify increasing it he could do little but let him go.
'You should know I quickly grow tiresome... I suggest you do not take your time' he said, yet already turning back to focus upon his work. His words were a warning, and yet there was no iminent threat beyond increasing Calcifer's nerves.
Sighing he grew curious as to whether or not any of the other weapons that had been taken from his so carelessly would be returned, especially when it seemed they never were being used for the appropriate cause.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fool's Bravery Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fool's Bravery   Fool's Bravery Empty

Back to top Go down

Fool's Bravery
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sinners & Saints  :: The Cathedral :: Crypt-
Jump to: