Forum for the YouTube roleplay Sinners & Saints.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Over and Over

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:43 am

Rin decided that to clear his head he would go up to the Spire. The hole in the floor meant he was guaranteed safety if anything was to happen, but he somewhat doubted it. Everytime he had gone up here he had only met one person, and he knew that it was unlikely he would get hurt in the process of that. No one had really left the Crypt whilst he had been sitting there, so he was not expecting orders anytime soon, and company only seemed to infuriate him. The Spire was quiet and he preferred it that way.
The wounds from Alastair were only visible in terms of the blood on his new shirt, but that was already stained from the body of whoever had worn it before, and although it stun he could not really care less. He was still angry from speaking with Calcifer, as well as with himself for reacting in such a way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://sinnersandsaints.forumotion.co.uk
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:47 am

Miriam quietly climbed the stairs to the spire, not wanting to draw attention to herself by waking anyone. She was obviously staggering from the dizziness she felt, but she managed to keep herself on two legs without falling over.
Taking a quick look around her head was spinning and the more she moved the worse she felt. Luckily the blackness had dissapeared completely, and she was in no danger of passing out, only falling over. She glanced around to see if she could find any way to cross, or anything to make a way across. Proteus had been right with one thing, weapons could be useful, but there was no way they would be able to gain safe access to the crypt and return in one piece unless they went the route through the spire, meaning they needed a way across.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:18 am

Rin looked up at the noise, not really believing that it was her again. It seemed like she was practically following him these days, and frankly he was tired of their constant meetings. Everytime he did it was just meant he was mocked, or his strength questioned, as well as pushing apart any alliances he had kept.
Slowly he stood up, not really wanting to attract her attention. His conversation with Calcifer had merely confused and frustrated him, and the focal point of it had been surrounding her. Furthermore he knew she now believed he was trying to kill her, and all it would end with was more mocking on his part or some form of argument. He had just wanted to be alone for once, and instead she always seemed to be stopping him.
He made his way back towards the stairwell, hoping that she was too distracted in whatever she was doing. Clearly Calcifer had not left her in a good shape, as she stumbled around, and he hoped this would be enough for him to slip away unnoticed.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:23 am

Suddenly noticing a dark shape moving in the corner of her eye she jumped backwards, hitting her head against the wall as she gasped scaredly. The reaction had been pathetic, but she didn't care, and she only relaxed as she saw it was Rin again, quickly hiding her bruises on her neck with the collar of Proteus' jacket. It was nice to know it had more uses than to keep her warm.
"Shit," she mumbled as she felt the back of her head where she had hit it. The sight of him had instantly sharpened her mind, but it took a lot of concentration for her to focus on him, and if anything else were to happen around her she wasn't sure she would be able to notice.
"What are you doing here?" she asked, obviously annoyed, not in the mood to see him right now, not after all the problems he had caused her.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:32 am

'I wanted to be alone' he said bitterly, turning around realising he couldn't go unnoticed. 'But you seem to be making a habit of stopping me' he sighed, equally as annoyed. 'What are you doing here is a better question? You clearly aren't.. well..' he smirked. 'Your usual self.'
He didn't mention his conversation with Calcifer yet, remembering his words about how he shouldn't care about what she thought. Instead he stared at her coldy, ignoring the pain in his stomach as he remained standing unsupported.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:37 am

She glared at him, but stopped as this only made her vision worse.
"Sulking your defeat?" she asked, not mocking, but in an angry tone. If it hadn't been for him, she would have been fine, and she bet he knew that all too well. He was the only reason she wasn't being her usual self. Every major injury she had ever gotten came from him, and frankly she was getting more than tired of it. The fact he had been hesitating to kill her had only annoyed her earlier as she had never felt like she needed his help to stay alive. If it hadn't been for him she would have never been in grave danger anyway.
However, now that his protection no longer applied she felt equally as angry and frustrated with him.
Holding the jacket up only made it look like she was hiding, and she zipped it all the way up instead, letting her arms fall to her sides as she rested against the wall. She knew he must have already seen her necklace of bruises, but yet she did not want him looking at them now.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:44 am

'If you can believe that words that come from the mouth of a slimeball like Calcifer then well, that shows how stupid you are' he sighed, expecting this sort of conversation. 'I know you may think I'm useless, but I at least have the self-pride to carry out my own wishes.'
He leaned back, not enjoying the discomfort. 'If you wan't to start a petty blame game you'll need to look to the other demons as to who wants dead. However I hope this shows you are not as invincible as you once thought' he said with distain.
He already knew from Calcifer what had happened, which explained both the bruises and her dizziness. At least he was telling the truth in that aspect. You could never be sure with his kind.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:49 am

She had never believed anything he said, she had drawn her own conclusions. She didn't bother telling him this though as it would only lead to him mocking her more, and that was something she really did not have the patience for at the moment, she just wanted him to shut up.
"I never wanted to be," she smiled smugly but stopped as the world started spinning and she slid down the wall to sit still for a moment, closing her eyes. The bastard wasn't going to leave her alone, but she might as well take it easy while he was there, using the time to recover.
"Still reluctant to kill me then?" she sighed, not wanting his protection, nor his stupid games. She just wanted him dead right now.
"Hate to break it to you, but you're not really my type," she mocked with her eyes closed, not having the energy to fight him, even her words coming out weak and breathless.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:20 am

He laughed. 'Wasn't it you who told me you always liked bad boys?' he smirked, but sat down as she had and laughed again. 'Don't worry dear. The idea of you repels me too,' he smirked, resting his vaguely mild injuries now.
'Thanks for the knife too' he said sarcastically. 'Really helped a lot'. He frowned as he analysed the stomach injury, but decided there was little he could do. He wouldn't act like Calcifer had and wince at the sight of any pain.
He shut his eyes and hoped she would not be there for long. Some peace and quiet were what he needed. That or someone to gut, which always seemed to be a theraputic exercise in his cirumstances.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:25 am

"Guess you're not bad enough," she sighed, opening her eyes slightly to look at him, eyeing him up and down. It was obvious he was in pain, and at his statement she could only assume Alastair hadn't been happy about him breaking his 24-hours deadline.
Oddly enough, she winced, but at his pain instead of her own. And her next words surprised herself as much as it ever could him.
"Are you... okay?" she asked hesitantly, not sure where the sudden pity had came from, but she quickly closed her eyes and rested her head against the wall once again, damning herself for softening up to him. Over and over she had to tell herself he deserved it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:52 am

He glanced up at her in suprise, glaring back at her. He did not want her sympathy. Pity was just the same as if she had called upon all his weaknesses and flaunted them in his face.
'No,' he smirked. 'I'm sure your little friend far surpasses me' he said, trying not to laugh at them.
He looked down and analysed the injury, knowing it was probably not that bad only looked it from the level of blood covering his clothes. She probably did not how much had already been on it from the human beforehand, but still he was in pain even if he tried to hide it. 'Its nothing' he muttered. 'Considering its Alastair this is a lucky escape. I would have still be strapped down on his workbench in his little room if he had got his own way' he said, grimancing at the thought.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:59 am

"My friend?" she asked confused, not sure who he was speaking of. Whenever they met she had always been alone, and as far as she knew she had no friends in any case. Anyone she had ever cared about was already long gone and dead, somewhere hidden in the rubble.
"You deserved it," she muttered, trying to hide the fact she had ever pitied him. It was true, she knew that, and she meant it with all her heart, but on the other hand she still couldn't help but pity him, not liking seeing him in pain. He probably knew by now she had feelings for him, it was obvious in the way she constantly slipped up around him, involuntarily becoming weaker around him, and she knew he could easily tease her and use it against her. She wondered why he didn't if he knew, or if he was simply too stupid to realize even after everything.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:02 am

'You know' he said. 'The one Calcifer's not too pleased with..' He looked at the mens jacket she was wearing. 'And I assume thats his too?' He smiled, amused at how humans tended to deal with problems. 'Don't mind me- I'm sure its all very cute, even if its pointless.'
He sighed looking down at himself. 'Regardless of what people deserve, doesn't mean I'm happy with it.' He knew if he went back down and Alastair saw him he would be in trouble once more. He would have to get Lillith on his side and stay close to her if he wanted any insurance that his body would remain in tact. 'I just need to get out of this damn Cathedral and I'll be good' he smiled. 'A new body.. humans that aren't armed.' He smirked. 'I reckon if I can get out of here I won't have to go back to Hell for decades.'
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:10 am

She laughed, not being able to keep it in as she realized he meant Proteus.
"He's more repulsive than you are," she laughed, not mentioning how anyone she knew was more repulsive to her than Rin was. In honesty, he was the only one who could get her heart to race the way it was now, but mentioning that would have greater consequences than she could imagine, and what she was imagining was bad enough. He would always hold it against her, and she prayed he was too stupid to realize.
"And I would hardly call you people," she frowned at his bad usage of words.
His last words made her want to stand up and leave, storm the spire, but she knew that would mean he had won. Besides, her legs were far too weak to carry her, and instead she chose to ignore him, massaging her head with her eyes closed. As the dizziness had slowly subdued a throbbing headache had started to take its place. She was almost missing the nice, intoxicated feeling of being dizzy and disorientated.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:22 am

'Sorry' he smiled mockingly. 'Force of habit.' Even if they weren't human, technically speaking, now, he still didn't see the problem in mixing up terminology. In his mind referring to himself as human or demon were both equally as bad.
He couldn't help but feel slightly pleased however that Calcifer was wrong, and it gave him great satisfaction to know that the humans weren't being so stupid that their job was easy.
Since he was not looking for conversation he instead closed his eyes, leaning back, and pretended, at least, that he could sleep and shut off his mind once in a while. Obviously this was practically impossible for him to do so, and yet he didn't at any time try and start up the conversation once more. He wasn't leaving any time soon, and he just hoped she would go before she caused him anymore trouble.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:30 am

"Still like him better than you though.." she muttered annoyed as she thought back to Proteus who was probably still sleeping. She would trade Rin's company for his any time. All Rin did was annoying, weakening her, and though Proteus was equally annoying at least he did nothing more to her, and he knew when to shut up, which she greatly appreciated. The game with Rin was amusing, but quickly grew tiresome.
As she thought about it she realized her words might just be true. Though Rin was smug and over-confident he had absolutely nothing to show for it except from some wounds he would some times get himself by being foolish. Proteus might not be confident, and he might be over-cautious, but when it came down to it she could trust him to do what was needed and what was right. More than she could say about Rin.
"I was so scared when I first saw you," she admitted, removing Proteus' jacket to put it behind her head for support.
"I had never seen anything more fearsome in my entire life, staring into those black eyes of yours," she said smiling at the memory.
"Who would have known you'd turn out to be such a whimp?" she concluded, mocking him.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:38 am

'If you want we can go back to me trying to actually kill you' he muttered, annoyed. 'I'd certainly rather that to giving Cali the satisfaction of cutting you up after all the trouble you've caused me.'
Admitedly he had probably come across as useless surrounding her, due to his reluctance to actually get rid of her. And yet her company was now growing tiresome and for the very same reason he was now perfectly willing to cut the words right out of her mouth.
'Besides its hardly by fault you are too stubborn to be afraid. And now I'd say you've got at least 2 demons after your head...' He smiled. 'Well technically Calcifer's after your soul. Cali's the one who wants to rip you apart. And yet you still keep coming here to places where they can easily reach you' he sighed.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 3:51 am

"I'd like to see them make that jump," she smiled smugly, doubting they would be foolish enough to try. Even if they couldn't feel the pain, a crushed body would be inconvinient even for them. It was far too high to risk it, and even if they did, they wouldn't make it. She knew it.
Cali didn't worry her at all. She seemed even weaker than Rin, and not for a second had she been afraid of her. The crossroads demon, whom she assumed he was talking about, worried her a great deal more, but she calmed herself knowing he could do nothing without her concent.
"Don't worry," she said, not really thinking he ever would. "I'm staying far away from those lips, his breath stinks," she joked, but shuddered as she remembered just how close he had been to her. Far closer than what she was comfortable with.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:25 am

'You underestimate ones determination then' he said, knowing that if any demon really wanted to reach the Rectory they would.
He didn't smile at her joke, instead remembering what Calcifer had said. 'Every human has a breaking point' he shrugged. 'And thats when their kind come in and offer you exactly that. I don't think you can really be so cocky.' However much a demon sickened her, it hadn't exactly stopped her before and he highly doubted it would again, espeically if she was fuelled by greed this time.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:41 am

"If you can't break me, I doubt he can," she said with a soft smile, too tired to argue with him, and her headache only grew with every passing second, making it hard to concentrate on much else. However, she still managed to focus on him, and though she could not make herself look at him, or even look up, she focused on his voice as this was the only other sound around, finding it helpful in staying sane.
"God knows, you've given it your best shot," she mumbled, keeping to herself how close he had been on several occassions.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:51 am

'That, dear, was not my best shot' he smirked. 'I only had a knife, and I was trying to keep you in one piece so you could actually escape. There are many more means of breaking someone if you disregard that and still keep them alive. Although I normally get straight to the point, rather than waste my time on such matters.' He sighed. 'Besides if you want something that badly, then you don't really need to be broken. Just determined, or greedy. Its a relatively easy mistake to make, or we wouldn't have so many crossroads demons making business.'
He smirked as he looked at her curiously. 'Really took a beating, huh?' he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:56 am

She smiled to herself, not having meant the physical torture at all. He would never break her by inflicting pain, but he had done a good job mentally... wherever she went he would be on her mind, and whenever she was near him, she could feel herself growing weaker. That, if she would admit it or not, had already done a lot to her with she resented with frustration, secretly damning him at night for doing what he did, whatever it was.
"Just a minor headache," she told him, though it was obvious to both it was more than that.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:33 am

He rolled his eyes, knowing it was obvious she was lying. However he knew she would insist she was fine even if he called her out, and so he held his tongue. Instead he looked at her curious. 'What would you deal for then?' he said, knowing that there must be something. 'I know you insist you wouldn't, but if you did..'
He knew this information would be a goldmine for Calcifer, but he had no intention of giving it to him.
Back to top Go down
Miriam
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:38 am

She smiled, thinking there was nothing she could wish for in a place where she would die in either case, but if she wasn't in a place like that in either case... she supposed that was the answer, the only thing she could truely wish for right now. If she dealt for her family, they would only die again within a few days, and the deal would have been for nothing. In either case, she knew better than to mess with what was dead.
"My freedom," she sighed as she looked up towards the nightsky that the collapsed ceiling had revieled. It was her favorite part of the spire now by far, and it felt surreal to see something as beautiful in a such a God-forsaken place. "Or yours," she muttered, not sure why the words had escaped her mouth, and not quite sure of the consequences either. She could no longer think, simply answer.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Rin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   Mon Apr 30, 2012 8:12 am

His eyes snapped up to look at her. 'And why the hell would you want that?' he glared, angry at her for saying so. 'Just leave me be!' he said in frustration, standing up prepared to walk away. Even if there were benefits to her feelings, right now he wanted to be feared, not missed. He was used to that, whereas this was definately out of his comfort zone, and it almost scared him to see her acting like this.
However he couldn't resist turning and flashing her a mocking smile, almost laughing at her words as he had time to process what they must mean. Whatever was going on in her head, he had managed to weave his way in. Regardless of his own opinion about that, it still was a sign that he was winning whatever this was, and she must have known too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Over and Over   

Back to top Go down

Over and Over
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Sinners & Saints  :: The Cathedral :: Spire-
Jump to: